Tuesday Jan. 19th-
today most of the class was spent talking with Dr. Bill. At the end of class I look into some of the prospective projects and worked one a machine learning model in tensorflow.
Thursday Jan 21st-
I decided today that I would help out with the solar panel stuff. Though i spent most of my time working on how to use the function model.evalute() to test my machine learning model. It seems that the data that I was giving the model didnt have the right shape but i didnt know how to change the shape.
After thinking about the best project for this semester this weekend I figured out what I want to do. I want to make an app that helps me with my japanese home work. How this app would work is that you would draw the japanese character on the phone screen using your finger then the phone would use machine learning to find the various definitions of the character. After doing some reasearch I should a article on TowardDataScience.com where there is a indepth guide on how to build said app. Though I will be using mostly using his code in my project, my contribution will be the following:
- trying different layer stuctures
- using different activation functions (the part of a model that makes neural networks non-linear)
- trying different optimizers (How the model assesses failure)
- using different regulaiztion techniques (How to keep the model from overfitting)
- expirimenting with different data augmention techniques (kind of like adding water to lemon concentrate to make lemonade)
- adding fetures to the app
- impelmenting my app in my japanese class