/groups/isr/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/isr/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot0/groups/isr/sidebar/HotListNo items tagged with hot.hot/groups/isr/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/isr/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/isr/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5search
ISR EMC challenge
- What was the lowest temp today, and when?
- If the PPA solar panels behind the elab are rated at 110 kW, what is their max power now?
- What about in the longest day of the year?
- How do you know there were no leaks in the carter water system back in 2020?
- What was the hottest day last week? How hot?
- What is the maximum difference in solar up/down temps for the cafeteria?
- If you knew how much water was being pumped there, what else could you calculate?
- What is the usual energy use for the campus at night?
- What is the max use over the last week?
- What time exactly does the carter hot water heater come on?
- When does it go off?
- Look at carter solar pump flow, and explain why it is active when it is
- Of these rooms: main hall, conference room, office, classrooms or monlab, which has either no people in it, or the windows open?
- When and at what time was I working in the project rooms last week?
- When and at what time did I work in my office this week?
- What was the highest outside temp this week, and when?
- Look up the max solar radiation for the same times, how do they relate?
- What day last week was clear, with no clouds all day?
- How do you know there is a water leak at Perry Fiske west bathroom?
- How big is it?
- Is it hot water or cold water?
- What could be the cause?
- What is the max power harvested by the PPA solar panels above the elab and when?
- If these panels are rated at 110 kW, how efficient are they now?
- If you knew the area of the panels, and the solar radiation at any time, how would you calculate their true efficiency?
- Since last weekend, when did the tennis center use their lights during the day?
- How many hours is this?
- Multiply hours by kW to get kWh
- If each kWh costs the school $0.45 (45 cents), how much money did they waste using the lights during the day this week?
- What day in June 2017 had the highest solar PV capture? How much?
- What day in December 2017 had the lowest? How low?
- What was the average for each of these?
- When did I make tea recently at the elab? (hint: look up “elab breakers”)
- What time did I cook lunch in the microwave then?
- When did these happen last week?
- When do the security lights come on at the elab every night?
- How much energy do they use each day? (multiply hours by kW = kWh)
- Which of the CO2 sensors in the elab is broken? How can you tell?
- Energy Panels A handle huge things like air conditioning and hot water heating, how can you tell?
- Which of the enphase solar panel arrays is the weakest? Why could this be?
- The UPS system runs three plugs: which one uses the most, and why?
On server 10.14.4.123:8080 (18.104.22.168:8080) login as isr
Look for the data source “EG lab master”
You can also find this labeled “eGauge elab 2” on the server at
10.14.4.163:8080 if you are on campus
- See if you can determine solar power generated at each location from power used by that location
- Which of the faculty cottage complexes is using the most energy?
- Look at cottage 3 today: when did the hot water heater come on? Why is this useful? How could you extend this information using mango?
Create one of each of these dashboards:
Next: eGauge native