/groups/isr/search/index.rss?tag=hotlist/groups/isr/search/?tag=hotWhat’s HotHotListHot!?tag=hot0/groups/isr/sidebar/HotListNo items tagged with hot.hot/groups/isr/search/index.rss?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomelist/groups/isr/search/?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcomeRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdates?sort=modifiedDate&kind=all&sortDirection=reverse&excludePages=wiki/welcome0/groups/isr/sidebar/RecentChangesListmodifiedDateallRecent ChangesRecentChangesListUpdateswiki/welcomeNo recent changes.reverse5search
Elab energy hunt-answers on your weblog!
Part one: Sensors and controls
- go to 10.14.17.1 and see if you can open something
- go to 10.14.18.1 and do the same thing
- try again with 10.14.19.1, what do you find?
- go to 10.14.41.1 and look at the energy use in the elab, then turn on the hot tea water maker, which circuit is it on?
- go to 10.14.62.x and check out the weather right now. What is a W/m2?
- check out 10.14.8.10 to see the earthquake activity here
Part two: egauges
- Go to 10.14.8.1
- check out the solar production in the elab, and all of the energy use
- see if you can find the time you just turned on the hot water tea maker
- see if you can find the time you turned on the fans (you may have to leave them on for a minute or two)
- when did the wind turbine mysteriously come on recently?
- is it working now?
- go to 10.14.8.2
- how much solar power is generated on campus?
- how much is generated at the elab?
- how much is generated at the PPA array behind the elab?
- how much solar power is generated at each building?
- how much is used at each location?
- when is it used?
- what does this tell you?
- what dorm uses the most energy?
- when do the dorm lights “go off”?
- when is the use the least?
- how could you tell a refrigerator from any other load?
- what does a hot water heater look like?
- what does a stove look like?
- how could you detect an air conditioner that was left on all night?
- which of the faculty cottages is using the most energy?
- when does cottage 3 hot water heater timer go on?
- when did they run out of hot water?
- when did cottage 3 do some cooking?
- compare these with cottage 7
- what was the weather last Friday using the solar data?
- when did it rain that day?
Part three: skyspark
- go to skyspark.hpa.edu
- login as guest/guest
- check out buildings and users on the upper campus
Part four: elab2.hpa.edu
- go to elab2.hpa.edu
- login as isr/p——77
- what was the lowest temp today and when?
- what was the max power from the PPA panels today?
- what was the max on the longest day of the year?
- the shortest?
- what is the usual campus energy use at night?
- what time was someone working in the middle classrooms today?
- what time was someone working in the monlab today?
- when did the tennis center use the lights?
- what was the weather that day?
- when did someone use the microwave oven today for 2 minutes?
- when do the security lights come on at the elab every night?
Part five: EMC server 5
- go to 10.14.4.5
- login as isr/p——77
- click on “monitor”
- hit “go”
- use the checkboxes to select some items for comparison and graph (above)
- play with the date and time selection to see more
Part six: Mango
- go to 10.14.4.163
- login as admin/admin
- look for “data sources”
- look at data points, and check some of the egauge values
- Which of the tools you used was the most interesting?
- Which was the most accurate?
- Which was the easiest to use?
- Which would you use for an energy project?